Youth Pastor Position
First Church of God
Oak Grove, Louisiana
We are currently searching for a full-time youth pastor. Below you will find a basic job description including duties, qualifications, benefits, as well as some information about the church and community. If you are interested in the position or have questions, you can contact me at 318-341-2105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Job Description
Full-Time Youth Pastor – Oak Grove, Louisiana.
- To help develop the spiritual formation of our youth through the teaching of the Word and living as an example for them to follow.
- Build meaningful relationships by interacting with students outside of the church setting (ballgames, recitals, etc.)
- To Serve as a coordinator in the planning and follow-up of all youth programs such as Wednesday night meetings, fellowship activities, fundraisers, and local, state, and national functions. To endorse and promote these programs by advertisement and personal contact. To recruit all needed volunteers to aid in carrying out programs and to see that all necessary supplies are secured.
- Participate in other church ministries when they do not conflict with youth ministry duties.
- To assist in pastoral duties when needed by the Senior Pastor as long as it does not interfere with his/her main duty for which he/she was called. He/she will report directly to the Senior Pastor and coordinate schedules with him/her. Any irresolvable differences or conflicts between the Senior Pastor and the Pastor of Youth will be brought before the Board of Directors.
- Develop Plans for Spiritual life teachings, youth activities, visitation, and proposals for future activities with the youth of the church.
- Help with basic duties around the facility (locking and unlocking doors, cleaning up before and after events, setting up and taking down tables and chairs, changing church sign, etc.).
- Be responsible for church services and preaching in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Cooperate with the church office administrator and be accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Visitation of church members on a reasonable schedule.
- Service to boards and committees outside the church regarding state work should be second in priority to the local church.
- Privilege to be Youth Director/speaker for revivals outside the local church up to two Sundays or two weeks per year. Times of being gone are to be approved by the Senior Pastor or the Board of Directors.
- Work with local boards and committees in the creating and carrying out of new programs vital to the local Church. Report upcoming activities and the results of past activities to the Christian Education Team.
- Keep open communication between the Senior Pastor and the various boards and teams to fully discuss all plans and programs and their value or lack of value for the local church.
- Monthly evaluations by the Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
Weekly Work Schedule
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Have 2 days off per week when he/she is not responsible to report for work at the church.
- One of these days will be Saturday and the other will be agreed upon by the Senior Pastor and the Board of Directors.
- Office hours will be maintained each week to provide opportunities for study, counseling, event and program preparation, and other administrative duties.
- Regular teaching times. These may include Sunday School, Sunday Evening, Wednesday night, and/or any other regularly scheduled meetings.
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Model a Christ-like lifestyle.
- Demonstrate knowledge and faithfulness to Church of God values and beliefs.
- Demonstrate gifts and calling to Youth Ministry, love young people, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies, youth ministry, or pastoral ministry, etc. is preferred.
- Be a licensed/ordained Pastor in the Church of God or be willing to begin the licensing/ordination process through the Louisiana State Credentials and Leadership Focus.
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have computer and technology skills and the desire to continue learning.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Be flexible to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, holidays, and on short notice.
- Have a servant’s heart as we serve the Lord and His Church.
- Salary (negotiated with the board based on qualifications and experience)
- Paid time off (increases with years served)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Time off to do revivals, camps, etc.
- Opportunities to attend youth ministry training.
Oak Grove is in northeast Louisiana. The church is in Oak Grove, but ministers to several local communities. Most of our students attend either Oak Grove High School or Forest High School, but we have had students from other local schools as well.
We are a well-established church in our community. The church is very supportive of our youth ministry and has a desire to provide opportunities for ministry to children and youth. We recently renovated our gym with a new floor, basketball goals, pickleball courts, and volleyball poles and net.
The two-bedroom two-bathroom parsonage is in Oak Grove school district. Our schools are receptive to ministry and involvement from local churches and pastors. Oak Grove high school has a strong focus on academics and successful athletics teams. OGHSfootball, baseball, and softball teams regularly play deep into the playoffs and have severalchampionships over the past few years. The baseball team just recently won the state tournament as well. We have been in and won state championships multiple times in the past few years. We also have basketball, tennis,and track teams.
Oak Grove is a small town, but it is a great place to live and raise children.
If you are interested in this position or have further questions, you can contact Jonathan Williams at email@example.com by phone (318-341-2105).
You can submit a resume and references through the chogministryconnector.com site or directly by email. We are excited about what the Lord has in store for our youth and the ministry here in Oak Grove.